Thursday 19 June 2008

Creating Spore creatures

Well the Spore 'Creature Creator' is now available, and surprise, there is a free edition too (196Mb with only 25% of the creative possibilities), so I downloaded it and decided to give it a try.

The second nice surprise was that there was a free version for MAC too. I have to say it looks pretty good. I browsed through a few creatures and tried altering them and then decided to create my own. Once my creature was created I was able to get it to try various things, like dancing, calling to friends etc. I was also able to take a couple of pictures and create a video of it with its young!!!



Well I know it doesn't look very attractive, but it was fun and I can't wait to see what my daughter makes of this. I'm really looking forward to the release of the complete game in September 08. I'm sure this has huge educational potential. Time to start thinking about some activties for the 'Creature Creator', though I'm not sure how many educational institutions are going to be downloading 196Mb!

Anyway, if you feel like giving it a try, go along to http://www.spore.com and then click on 'get Spore' and it should take you to the page where you can download the free 'Creature Creator'.

Enjoy

Best

Nik Peachey

No comments: